Downtown East mixed-use development and urban park/plaza
Ryan Companies is excited about the opportunity to partner with the City of Minneapolis in another game-changing development. This project will act as a catalyst for continued redevelopment in the Downtown East neighborhood – much as our Midtown Exchange project in the former Sears store on Lake Street revitalized the Phillips neighborhood, and our three-block Nicollet Mall development breathed new life into that end of the Mall.
- 1.2 Million SF of office space, two 17-story office buildings
- Office capacity for 5,000-6,000 employees
- 28,000 SF of retail space, street level and skyway
- Approximately 200 residential units phase 1
- Approximately 220 residential units phase 2
- 1,625 stall parking structure
- 4.2 Acre green space
- Connected via skyway to downtown core and the Vikings Stadium, making it the most connected stadium in the US
- World-class urban park/plaza that serves as the "front yard" to the new stadium
- “24/7” year-round community with residential, office, recreation and easy access to light rail and bus transit
- Close proximity to Hiawatha and Central Corridor rail lines leverages the public investment in mass transit
- Creates 1,000 construction jobs over 24 months
- Increases the property tax base with $3.5M per year in new property taxes
- Advances several of the initiatives on the Downtown Council’s 2025 plan including:
- Growing downtown’s residential population
- Creating and sustaining green infrastructure – “green corridors”
- Forging connections to the University of Minnesota
- “development of the Metrodome site into a new neighborhood would be a key element of bridging the divide”
- This project will serve as the connective tissue linking the downtown core to the Stadium, the University of Minnesota, the Mills District and the Elliott Park neighborhood
- Increases the reputation of the City of Minneapolis as a world class City where people want to live, work and play.
Click here to read additional coverage for Downtown East.