Downtown East mixed-use development and urban park/plaza
Ryan Companies is excited about the opportunity to partner with the City of Minneapolis in another game-changing development. This project will act as a catalyst for continued redevelopment in the Downtown East neighborhood – much as our Midtown Exchange project in the former Sears store on Lake Street revitalized the Phillips neighborhood, and our three-block Nicollet Mall development breathed new life into that end of the Mall.
Click here to see the conceptual fly around of the project.
Click here to view additional renderings and site plans.
- 1.2 Million SF of office space, two 17-story office buildings
- Office capacity for 5,000-6,000 employees
- 28,000 SF of retail space, street level and skyway
- Approximately 200 residential units phase 1
- Approximately 220 residential units phase 2
- 1,625 stall parking structure
- 4.2 Acre green space
- Connected via skyway to downtown core and the Vikings Stadium, making it the most connected stadium in the US
- World-class urban park/plaza that serves as the "front yard" to the new stadium
- “24/7” year-round community with residential, office, recreation and easy access to light rail and bus transit
- Close proximity to Hiawatha and Central Corridor rail lines leverages the public investment in mass transit
- Creates 1,000 construction jobs over 24 months
- Increases the property tax base with $3.5M per year in new property taxes
- Advances several of the initiatives on the Downtown Council’s 2025 plan including:
- Growing downtown’s residential population
- Creating and sustaining green infrastructure – “green corridors”
- Forging connections to the University of Minnesota
- “development of the Metrodome site into a new neighborhood would be a key element of bridging the divide”
- This project will serve as the connective tissue linking the downtown core to the Stadium, the University of Minnesota, the Mills District and the Elliott Park neighborhood
- Increases the reputation of the City of Minneapolis as a world class City where people want to live, work and play.
Click here to read additional coverage for Downtown East.