At Ryan, we firmly believe that when we create diverse, welcoming workplaces where all team members can grow and thrive, we shape a culture where our differences are valued and we share in each other’s successes.
Over the past several years, our efforts have been purposeful to educate ourselves and to increase the diversity of our Ryan teams. From the formation of our Women’s Inclusion Network (WIN) to being one of the first companies in our industry to join the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion coalition, Ryan has a history of creating positive change. However, we still have much work to do.
Our efforts were accelerated last summer when, once again, several unsettling events shined a spotlight on the tremendous injustices BIPOC Americans experience. At the time, I shared that as an organization we were taking the time to Pause, Listen and Learn. Today, I would like to share some of what we have done and what we plan to do.
- We formed a Racial Equity Task Force to develop a refreshed diversity, equity, and inclusion roadmap for how every team member will play a role in propelling change.
- We participated in conversations with diverse community leaders to improve our own understanding and learn about ways to hold ourselves accountable.
- We enhanced our unconscious bias training and introduced ongoing opportunities focused on driving change within our organization and throughout our communities.
- We elevated our support of organizations helping change the social justice landscape and patterns of systemic racism.
- We established benchmarks and plans to recruit, hire, and develop diverse team members at all levels and in every region.
And now with a refreshed diversity, equity and inclusion plan, I am confident that together we will make our Ryan family better, our customers and partners stronger and enable all people in our communities to thrive.